- God tells us not to love this world or the things in the world.
- Some of the godliest saints in the history of the church have suffered intense persecution and deep poverty for the cause of Christ.
- The rich are often viewed as the most difficult to reach with the gospel.
- Riches tend to control us.
- Riches often become idols to us.
- Riches often turn our hearts away from God.
- Ease has a tendency to destroy a godly sense of dependency upon God.
- Christ tells us that the world will hate us and persecute us.
- Suffering is a necessary part of our Christian growth.
Enjoy the good gifts of God with humility loving Him not because of your portion in this life, but because He is your portion both now and forever. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!