Is the believer eternally secure?
- John 5 Positional truth…shall not come into condemnation…passed from death unto life.
John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
- John 6 Positional truth…may have everlasting life, and I will raise him up.
John 6:40, 47 “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
- John 10 Positional truth…in the Father’s hand
John 10:25-30 “Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.”
- Romans 5 Positional truth…peace with God…we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
Romans 5:1-11 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experiennce; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.”
- Romans 8 Positional truth…nothing can separate us from the love of God…If God be for us who can be against us.
Romans 8:28-39 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”
- I Corinthians 1 Positional truth…shall confirm you unto the end that ye may be blameless…
I Corinthians 1:4-8 “I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Ephesians 1: Positional truth…sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise…the earnest…until the redemption of the purchased possession.
Ephesians 1:11-14 “In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”
- Ephesians 4 Positional truth…sealed until the day of redemption.
Ephesians 4:30 “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”
- Hebrews 13 Positional truth…I will never leave they nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
- I Peter 1: Positional truth…kept by the power of God.
I Peter 1:3-5 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”
- Jude 24: Unto Him that is able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless.
Jude 1:24 “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,”
- Justification: one time legal act whereby an unrighteous man is declared righteous positionally before a holy God based fully on the merits and work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. This is a permanent position and is neither strengthened nor weakened by the works of the man who has been justified, because it is by grace alone and free from any work of man. This is act is described as eternal salvation from the penalty of sin.
- Eternal life: Never ending life that is possessed at the moment of justification.
- Grace: Totally unmerited favor. Our salvation from start to finish is based upon the work of God. Even the fact that I chose to believe was the direct result of the work of the Holy Spirit in my heart through the Word of God.