Deity: I believe that as the second person of the Trinity, Christ is the eternal Son of God one with and equal to the Father and Spirit. Revelation 1:4-10; John 10:30-38; John 8:56-59; John 1:1-3, 14-15; Isaiah 9:6-7; John 8:23-28; Psalm 24:4-10; Psalm 45:4-6; Mark 2:5-12; Titus 2:13-14; Isaiah 44:6 cf. 48:12-16; Matthew 26:63-67; Acts 10:36; Romans 10:12; I Corinthians 2:8; I Corinthians 4:5; I Corinthians 15:47; Philippians 2:6-11; Colossians 2:8-10; II Timothy 4:1; I John 5:20; Revelation 22:12-13; John 20:28-31; 5 OT statements compared to the NT, demonstrating His deity: Ezekiel 34:23-31 cf. John 10:11-18; Zechariah 12:7-10 cf. John 19:34-37; Isaiah 7:14 cf. Matthew 1:23; Isaiah 40:3 cf. Matthew 3:3; Genesis 2:3 cf. Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5
Humanity: I believe that while Christ is the eternal Son of God and has never ceased to be fully God, He humbled himself and became fully human in order to become the one and only sinless sacrifice for the human race.
- I believe that Christ was miraculously conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary. Matthew 1:16, 18, 20, 23; Isaiah 7:14
- I believe in the sinless life of Jesus. II Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15
- I believe that Christ fully experienced human suffering including the suffering and physical death of the cross: Isaiah 53, Philippians 2, Hebrews 4; gospel accounts.
Definition: I believe that Jesus Christ is fully man, and fully God: Philippians 2:6-11
- I believe that in His Deity He was not able to sin, because He is the righteous Son of God. I Peter 1:16; II Timothy 4:8, Job 34:10
- I believe that in His humanity He was able not to sin. This truth is one of the greatest encouragements to the believer which can give them the power to live the victorious Christian life. Hebrews 4:15
- I believe in the substitutionary death of Jesus in which He shed His precious blood on the cross and physically died for the sins of all mankind: Isaiah 53:6; John 3:16; Romans 3:22; 5:6,8; I John 2:2; 4:14
- I believe in the literal bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead three days after His substitutionary death on the cross. Without the resurrection there could be no eternal salvation, hope of glorification, or authentication of Christ’s ministry: gospel accounts; I Corinthians 15:12-20
- I believe in the exaltation of Christ after His resurrection. God the Father exalted Him, and every knee will one day bow before Him and will confess Him as Lord. Philippians 2:9-11
- I believe that Christ is presently sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for the saints. He alone is the way for a man to come to the Father. Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:25; I Timothy 2:5
- I believe that Christ is presently waiting for the ultimate fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant when He will literally, bodily rule the nations in the promised Kingdom to Israel for 1,000 years.